Monday, October 1, 2007

but if you're worried about the weather, then you picked the wrong place to stay.

as i searched for a pen in the front of my backpack, i was reminded of an experience i had a few weeks ago. i was finishing up an important application and i didn't have a pen in my pocket like i usually do, so i had to borrow one from the good people nearest to me. i had to get this application turned in before a certain time. closer to the deadline i had to write my name on one of the papers, and this girl was kind enough to let me borrow her red ink pen. you serious? i'm not going to write with a red pen. those are used to damage the confidence of students all over this world, by writing things like, "this essay needs stronger examples from the text," or "do not include your opinions," or "you need to more concisely state your point" (not when i need to reach a specified word count) or "were you planning to plagiarize the whole book?" all over their papers. this was in the wilk so i turned around and used it to write on one of the newspapers on a round terrace table. i didn't want to hurt her kind heart. i gave her the pen back. i thanked her. i then went to another area of the wilk and borrowed another pen.

why did i even bother typing this? because i didn't want to start on the paper that i should be typing. don't judge. you're hurting me. you're hurting yourself.

7 comments:

Meg Duffy said...

I'm glad you wrote this... if shows the kind of person you are, knd enough to fake write on a newspaper just so not to hurt this girl's feeings.... I bet she knew.

meredith said...

Thank you for writing this because I enjoyed reading it.

I am not judging. I am joining.

Anonymous said...

i cant believe you didnt actually use the pen i let you borrow.

sodapop said...

i'm sorry, baby. it's not you, it's the reasons aforementioned. when i need to correct an assignment i'll holler at you.

Teena said...

look i got me a hip hott crew. bam nation. shhould we put on a show and you canopen. thanx

brooke said...

this thing got a lot of comments. congrats

Me, myself, and I said...

man that was so thoughtful of you to fake using the pen, I think that's why I like you Eric, you can be so real and yet...so fake! LOL Seriously what a kind heart. I imagine she would have been really upset to have offered her pen just to have you not use it. Kind of like you were mocking her or something. I hate mockery---and I hate being mocked!

Warmly-Brian B's mom